From: counseling section
To: All First Years
“There may be some bumps OR Shunts in the road, don’t get discouraged”
- I hope you have enjoyed your Orientation Week activities.
Right now you are probably wondering what your first year here is going to be like. The truth is that you’re about to begin one of the greatest adventures of your life. You’ll discover new things about yourself, make friendships that will last a lifetime, and probably work harder than you ever have before as you begin to fulfill your dream of pursuing a successful career in this University.
You may be worried about everything that lies ahead, but counseling office assure you that you’re not alone in this journey. We are with you in all your endeavors.
If you have questions or concerns about the following-:
- Academics, acclimatizing to academic expectations that may be more challenging than anticipated/expected or balancing social life with academic life
- Feeling disconnected / detached.
- Struggling to develop habits such as time management, prioritization and staying healthy.
- Managing a level of social and cultural diversity that may be different from the communities with which you are most familiar. adapting to a new culture and lifestyle
- Comparing oneself to others and becoming discouraged.
- Having difficulty managing relationships, both at home and even at campus.
- Depression, anxiety, phobia, conflict, stress management, body-image issues, low self esteem
- Loss and grief.
- Finding accommodation
- Increased independence, freedom and responsibility
- the possibility of losing old support networks
- establishing new friends / antisocial behaviour
- managing your finances coping with new financial demands
- achieving a manageable study/life balance
- Dealing with changing friendships OR anything else, there’s an office – with a team of professionals — ready and willing to help you.
Those interested in being Peer Counselors /educators apply now and drop your application at counseling office.
Call us on: 0716696786 Email: email@example.com