DECLARATION OF VACANCIES
Machakos University was awarded a Charter on 7th October 2016 and is a successor of Machakos University College. It is located one (1) Km from Machakos Town along the main Machakos – Wote road.
The Vision of the University is: A preferred University of Excellence in Scholarship and Service Delivery; whereas the Mission of the University is: To Provide Scholarly Education through Training, Research and Innovation for Industrial and Socio-economic Transformation of our Communities.
Machakos University invites applications from members of staff who are suitably qualified for the position of Lecturer Grade 12 from various schools in the University.
Terms of Service
The terms for the advertised positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Ten (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated. All applications be addressed to;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration, Planning and Finance
P. O. BOX 136 – 90100
So as to reach not later than 27th September, 2022. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline. A soft copy (one running pdf file) of the applicant must also be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A MUST FOR STAFF TO TYPE IN THE REQUIRED INFORMATION IN THE JOB APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE ON THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE, PRINT, SIGN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION.
N/B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Machakos University is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of either gender or persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
|1.||Engineering and Technology|
|2.||Pure and Applied Sciences|
|3.||Humanities And Social Sciences|
|4.||Business, Economics and Hospitality Management|
|5.||Agriculture Environment and Health Sciences|
Requirements for Lecturer Grade 12 Position
- An earned Ph.D. or equivalent degree qualification in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized University; and be registered or registerable with the relevant professional body (where applicable).
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized University (in special cases) with at least three (3) years teaching experience at University level or in research or in industry;
- A minimum of 24 publication points, of which at least sixteen (16) should be from refereed journal papers; and
- Registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable).
- Participate in development, review and implementation of the curriculum to ensure alignment of course deliverables to market demands.
- Prepare course delivery materials through review of existing information materials on the respective subject matter such as books and research journals for effective delivery of course content to students in class
- Develop, apply and monitor various course delivery/teaching techniques so as to facilitate dissemination of knowledge to students in the best way for proper understanding of concepts.
- Evaluate students’ understanding of concepts through setting, administrating, marking and moderating continuous assessment tests and examinations
- Take students through practical lessons in laboratories for better understanding of concepts learnt in class
- Supervise students on industrial attachment to ensure they are able to relate class knowledge to industry practice in their respective area of specialization
- Monitor students’ academic progress based on results from continuous assessment tests, assignments and examinations so as to develop new and better strategies for service delivery to enhance their performance.
Interested applicants should visit Machakos University
Website; www.mksu.ac.ke to view detailed requirements.