2019 SHORT-COURSES PROGRAMME
3RD PROFESSIONAL SHORT COURSES IN SOLAR PV TRAINING
DATES: 10th – 14th June 2019
Professional Short Courses in Solar PV Training
We are currently running three short-course programmes on Solar PV:
1.T1/T2 Solar PV Professional Short Course
The training prep
ares one for Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority, formerly ERC, Solar PV T1/T2 Technician Licensing. The training covers (but not limited to):
- Solar technology and applications
- Introduction to Solar PV sizing (excel)
- Electricity Basics: Mobile Training kit (Introduction to Hands -on training)
- Load designing, Energy Efficiency, Excel sheet
- Solar Resources and Orientation
- System Components (PV modules)
- System Components (Batteries)
- System Components (Controllers & Inverters)
- Site Survey and Shading Assessment
- Trouble shooting, O&M, Commissioning
- Safety Basics
Target Groups: The training is ideal for groups or individuals from government, public or private institutions, electrical installation technicians, teachers, technical institute tutors, NGO’s outreach personnel & solar PV retailers.
2.T3 Grid Tie Solar PV Professional Short Course
The training prepares one for Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority, formerly ERC, Solar PV T3 Technician Licensing. The training covers (but not limited to):
- DC basics and introduction to PV modules
- Maximum Power Point Tracking
- Practical session on stand-alone PV systems
- Stand-alone Vs. Grid tie system
- AC basics
- Grid tie inverters
- Introduction to Sunny Design
- Project design: Grid tie system I, II, and III
- Tools and measuring instruments
- Practical examples of systems
Target Groups: The training targets PV engineers, Project Managers, Solar EPC Contractors, Solar Industry professionals, PV system designers or anyone else involved with designing/ implementing grid connected PV systems.
3.Certificate in Solar Water Pumping
The training prepares one for Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority, formerly ERC, Solar water pumping Technician Licensing.
The training covers but is not limited to:
Target Groups: The training is ideal for groups or individuals from government, public or private institutions, Solar powered irrigation systems planners, water installation technicians, lecturers, technical institute tutors, NGO’s outreach personnel & solar PV retailers.
Cost and Duration
The T1/2, T3 Grid Tie and Solar Water Pumping courses duration is one week from 10th – 14th June 2019. The cost for the training is KShs. 45,000/- per person for Kenyans or USD 500 for foreigners which covers training materials, lunch and teas. Participants are expected to arrange for their own accommodation near the training venue or it can be arranged on request.
How to Apply
- Application forms are available online http:// dvc-ril.mksu.ac.ke or at the Centre for Renewable Energy.
- A non-refundable application fee of KShs. 1000/- (or USD 20) is charged and together with the training fees.
Our Fees Collection Accounts are:- Kenya Commercial Bank: Account No. 1137145064 (Machakos Branch)
National Bank of Kenya: Account No. 01020078499400 (Machakos Branch) Standard Chartered Bank Account No. 0152017845602 (Machakos Branch)
- Duly completed forms and bank deposit slip should be returned to the Centre for Renewable Energy or can also be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3rd June 2019.
Centre for Renewable energy, Machakos University,
Tel +254 725037264,
website: https:// dvc-ril.mksu.ac.ke
Training coordinator on telephone +254 725037264 or +254 712593997.